Here are Garrett and Laine getting the "gut bucket" from the "Bone Yard"
Even Mommy helped. This was the first time I helped do any part of the butchering. We cut the meat into chunks to freeze so it was ready for sausage. The only weird thing was that it was warm. Walker wants to make apple sausage and stuff it into casings to make links. Yum!
Laine was just Laine and watched :) She took pictures too.
It was a great weekend. Garrett had a shot at a 6 point buck but to no avail. He watched it for a long time waiting for the perfect shot and Daddy thinks "Buck Fever" got the best of the G. The Ford boys are headed back out over Halloween to try their luck again. I think it is Garrett's turn. Yes the boys chose to go hunting with Dad instead of trick-or-treating. Guess it's up to Laine to load the house with candy. I am sure she will try her hardest :)
No comments:
Post a Comment